WePlayCoD
Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WePlayCoD
Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
WePlayCoD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat

+5
Paul
darthbudds
lawtondannyboy
darkfalco
brgulker
9 posters

Go down

Should Party Chat be included in TDM?

Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat I_vote_rcap93%Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat I_vote_rcap 93% 
[ 14 ]
Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat I_vote_rcap7%Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat Empty Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat

Post by brgulker Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Let me start by saying that I love this game. It's everything I hoped it would be. It eliminated the things about CoD4 and WaW that irritated me and added much more than I realized it would. It's the best multiplayer experience I've ever had.

Let me also say that I really appreciate and enjoy Xbox Live. I have no problem paying for a service that delivers as much as Xbox Live does. I'm by no means an MS fanboy, and by no means do I want to spark that debate.

Here's what I do want to talk about --

As much as I love Xbox Live, there is an inevitable problem. Whenever you give people a medium through which to communicate, and that medium provides almost 100% anonymity, the following things are bound to bear their ugly heads:

Vulgarity
Unnecessary profanity
Racism
Sexism
Homophobia
Etc., etc., etc.

I was absolutely thrilled when Xbox Live Parties were introduced, because it gave me the opportunity to connect with my friends (and family) and enjoy the social experience that is unique to gaming while simultaneously eliminating the offensive noise of anonymous internet communication.

Obviously, I'm one of many who's disappointed by the lack of support for party chat in TDM, by far the most popular game mode in each and every CoD game. Unfortunately, I now have two options:

1) Wear a headset and be forced to listen to immaturity and offensive, and sometimes hate, speech ...

OR

2) Not wear a headset but lose the social experience of connecting with friends and family.

Let me also say that I understand IW's rationale -- I really do. I simply don't agree that their reasons for not supporting Party Chat trump the argument I've presented for including Party Chat.

I realize that I can simply mute people, and that's what I'm doing. I also realize that I get muted all the time, too -- not for being offensive, but simply because not everyone wants to hear my casual conversations with friends/family. But that seems like an unnecessary obstacle, doesn't it? If the point of eliminating party chat is to foster team communicaiton, isn't that point completely undermined when the lobbies turn into flame wars, and everyone just mutes each other?

As I see it, if we want to get it back, we've got to do something about it. I'd love to see some type of petition get started (or sign on and promote an existing one).

Does anyone else here agree? Is there already a petition like this? If not, how would we go about starting one? What are your thoughts about the issue generally?

brgulker
Corporal
Corporal

Impaler

Kills : 21632

http://brgulker.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat Empty Re: Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat

Post by darkfalco Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:02 pm

Support for TDM, not for S&D.. cheaters are all over the way there...
darkfalco
darkfalco
Corporal
Corporal

Impaler

Kills : 21412

Back to top Go down

Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat Empty Re: Xbox Live, Needless Profanity, Slurs, etc., and Party Chat

Post by lawtondannyboy Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Yeah, I play with my brother almost all the time and I have to keep our conversation to our selves.
lawtondannyboy
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Kills : 23204

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Post by darthbudds Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:31 pm

I agree, I mainly play TDM and HQ. and me and my friends can no longer chat with one another while playing. we have to put up with all the BS that comes with xbox live communication. I would gladly sign a petition for them to allow party chat in these game types! but I some how feel that we will not be listened to and will have to go on muting everyone in a room except for the people I want to talk to. This is my only real complaint with MW2, I love the game and all, but this gets a little annoying and I find myself turning the game off more often than not.

darthbudds
Private
Private

Kills : 21296

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:40 pm

I agree that Party Chat should be allowed in TDM. It seems a little stupid to block it, when there's no way to cheat in it. Any way to cheat in it (calling out team locations in a party to friends) can be done in any game mode, so that's not it.

Homophobia and offensive slurs are an integral part of Xbox LIVE, sadly. I doubt it would be possible to get rid of these, as the Internet is the one place where anyone can be a 'real' man. I just mute them and continue the slaughter. There's not really much else you can do, apart from give bad rep. But, seriously. Are you going to take the time to do that, when there are enemies that need shot?

Paul
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Rice Rocket

Kills : 21666

https://www.youtube.com/xMP44x

Back to top Go down

Post by Big J 0526 Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:26 am

No, mute button FTW.
Big J 0526
Big J 0526
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Kills : 21685

Back to top Go down

Post by RK1 Apocalypse Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:46 am

Set your Xbox Live Privacy to Friends Only under the voice option. Problem solved
RK1 Apocalypse
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22426

http://www.rk1gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:29 am

I usually mute everyone not in my party as I have a potty mouth. Smile

....but yes, I see no reason why Party Chat can't be enabled for TDM, or any other gametype with no respawn timer.
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 24367

Back to top Go down

Post by FROSTY Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Ya, dude theres a friggin mute button for a reason, dont be lazy just mute..

No party chat eliminates nobody from talking other then non mic users... Which is to say the least one of the huge problems with MW1 no one and I mean no one would talk in game, or help anyone. They basically thought well if I got more kills it better, and I'd rather not talk to anyone. I remember playing MW1 for the first few months and everyone talked after that nobody talked, I had to setup parties to talk to people, and it was pretty horrible.... I always played in parties because of that. The fact I can now talk to other people in the lobby and while I'm playing half the time is a lot better then never.... I'm actually really happy you have to go to game chat. Smile

As for lobby who cares really. People who cant put up with trash talking are a) tired or b) get stressed easily. And, trust me if its b) you shouldnt be playing MW2 lol Seriously I like the fact theres no party chat, though it does detract from all the lazy party chat people who hate having to actually join a game.

Here's some etiquette tips for all you veterans and noobs:

1) If someone is trash talking - mute, or trash back.
2) Never send an invite in-game.
3) Remember it helps cut out most cheating and therefore makes your gaming experience better. Smile -I rarely die from muting some knob... Thats why the devs invented corners and prone.

FROSTY
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Kills : 21586

Back to top Go down

Post by brgulker Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks for the thought-provoking responses, guys.

I didn't think about setting my Xbox Live settings to friends only ... that might be the perfect solution!

How about one more question -- has it been your experience that people actually do communicate in this game (or others)?

My experience has been that people generally don't talk in TDM ... just like people didn't talk during Social Slayer in Halo, for example. TDM is mostly a social experience. If you're playing a CTF or S&D, for example, I understand the importance of team communication, and it's been my experience that said communication does happen.

I just haven't seen it in TDM.

brgulker
Corporal
Corporal

Impaler

Kills : 21632

http://brgulker.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RK1 Apocalypse Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:03 pm

brgulker wrote:Thanks for the thought-provoking responses, guys.

I didn't think about setting my Xbox Live settings to friends only ... that might be the perfect solution!

How about one more question -- has it been your experience that people actually do communicate in this game (or others)?

My experience has been that people generally don't talk in TDM ... just like people didn't talk during Social Slayer in Halo, for example. TDM is mostly a social experience. If you're playing a CTF or S&D, for example, I understand the importance of team communication, and it's been my experience that said communication does happen.

I just haven't seen it in TDM.

Depends on who you are playing with. I dont like playing by myself because people never communicate. But when i am playing with my fellow RK1 members,its non stop chatter calling out enemy positions, friendly positions ect. If you are looking for some good teamwork feel free to send me a FR and ill get you into a game with us soon.
RK1 Apocalypse
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22426

http://www.rk1gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down