WePlayCoD
Fire Rate Patch Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WePlayCoD
Fire Rate Patch Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
WePlayCoD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

Fire Rate Patch

+12
RK1 Apocalypse
SlimJim0725
Us3rnam3z
Signal
henryJSB
arfman36
Monster Warfare
bw1231996
Bon3zz1001
Syrup N Rofls
MaTtKs
SpaceGrass
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fire Rate Patch Empty Fire Rate Patch

Post by SpaceGrass Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:15 pm

So IW has released the fire rate patch and to be honest, I don't like it. For players that don't have modded controllers that can still fire somewhat fast, it totally puts you at a disadvantage. They didn't seem to balance the fact that they were nerfing the fire rate and just left the damage the way it is. The pistols aren't near as affective when you have to switch to them in a desperate situation. That's just my opinion, though. What do you guys think about it?
SpaceGrass
SpaceGrass
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Bullet

Kills : 22214

Back to top Go down

Fire Rate Patch Empty Re: Fire Rate Patch

Post by MaTtKs Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:28 pm

I've not logged on since this patch. What exactly has it done? Similar to the WaW RoF cap?

If they're doing this with CoD4 this late, I would imagine that will be their "fix" for MW2.
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 24375

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGrass Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Yeah, I think it was released today. It's different than the WaW patch, it pauses if you fire too fast, limiting the rate of fire. I guess once you get used to it, it might not be too bad. It just comes down to how players use the semi auto's. If you keep enough distance then it should still be effective, but if you get in CQC I think you'll be at even more of a disadvantage.
SpaceGrass
SpaceGrass
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrup N Rofls Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:48 pm

SpaceGrass wrote:So IW has released the fire rate patch and to be honest, I don't like it. For players that don't have modded controllers that can still fire somewhat fast, it totally puts you at a disadvantage. They didn't seem to balance the fact that they were nerfing the fire rate and just left the damage the way it is. The pistols aren't near as affective when you have to switch to them in a desperate situation. That's just my opinion, though. What do you guys think about it?

I understand your thinking about this from the player's stand point. "I can shoot my gun quickly with my finger there for I will and do" But consider this side for a moment, Limiting the rate of fire on semi autos is for just that reason alone. They are semi autos, quick trigger fingers don't really exisit on semi auto weapons and you can only shoot so quickly with one given the recoil and such.

All I'm providing is a different view.
Syrup N Rofls
Syrup N Rofls
Private First Class
Private First Class

Kills : 21541

http://www.jasoneditorial.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGrass Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:54 pm

And I can understand that, but to be more specific, it just seems inconsistant. That's the best way to describe it. Before when you pulled the trigger, you knew the gun would fire. When firing fast now, it just doesn't feel right. IDK, like I said, it'll take some getting used to. This just gives me another reason to hate modders.
SpaceGrass
SpaceGrass
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrup N Rofls Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:06 pm

SpaceGrass wrote:And I can understand that, but to be more specific, it just seems inconsistant. That's the best way to describe it. Before when you pulled the trigger, you knew the gun would fire. When firing fast now, it just doesn't feel right. IDK, like I said, it'll take some getting used to. This just gives me another reason to hate modders.

Modders stopped bothering me once I realized that ussually they go negative using the controller modded. However I have a few fast fingered friends (if that doesn't sound gay!) So I've learned there are people with trigger fingers out there like yourself. I've completely stopped calling people out about it because you can't tell who's modding and who isn't. Besides yelling in a game lobby got no one anywhere!
Syrup N Rofls
Syrup N Rofls
Private First Class
Private First Class

Kills : 21541

http://www.jasoneditorial.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon3zz1001 Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:07 pm

I think it's retarded and it needs to go.
Bon3zz1001
Bon3zz1001
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Kills : 21928

http://forums.xbox.com/1354/ShowForum.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGrass Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Bon3zz1001 wrote:I think it's retarded and it needs to go.

beer
SpaceGrass
SpaceGrass
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by bw1231996 Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:59 pm

I used to shoot wicked fast, and I swear that I have NEVER used a modded controller. I am to scared to even try to tamper with my controller so I don't break it. I have yet to play COD4 with the new patch since I have been in the hospital, but once I get home tomorrow I will definetely look at it.
bw1231996
bw1231996
Private
Private

MW2

Kills : 21528

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Warfare Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:38 pm

I noticed when I tried my G3 finger...I failed. It sucks IMO.
Monster Warfare
Monster Warfare
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Kills : 21897

Back to top Go down

Post by arfman36 Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:51 pm

My M14 is no longer my Machine Gun! Sad
arfman36
arfman36
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Kills : 21844

Back to top Go down

Post by henryJSB Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:15 pm

I just heard about this and it's ridiculous. It's restricting my own reflexes and apart of my game style. Are they going to make any campers character model move after 30 seconds of staying in the same spot too now? So stupid.

henryJSB
Corporal
Corporal

Kills : 21587

Back to top Go down

Post by Signal Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:36 pm

I hate this more than I hate modded controllers. I have a fast trigger finger, and I do NOT enjoy this at all. Besides, Evil Controllers even said that their controllers can bypass it on their website
Signal
Signal
Sergeant
Sergeant

Kills : 21663

Back to top Go down

Post by Us3rnam3z Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:50 pm

I don't like it at all. It doesn't only stop rapid fire controllers shooting fast but also the players that can shoot fast. If you aren't liking this either, I suggest using double tap. It actually works now. I made a video about it on my youtube.
Us3rnam3z
Us3rnam3z
Private
Private

Kills : 21491

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Played a little last night and really didn't notice a difference, although it's been a while since I've played CoD4 and I'm nowhere near having a fast trigger finger.
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 24375

Back to top Go down

Post by SlimJim0725 Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:57 am

Yeah, I am disliking the patch a lot as well. Playing on non-hardcore it was almost necessary to have a quick trigger finger with the G3 or pistols since they don't do as much damage as some of the other weapons with higher rates of fire. I was still handicapping myself due to shifting my hand to where I couldn't really aim as well so I had to line my shot up ahead of time. Now I will not use the G3 in non-hardcore at all, luckily I don't mind switching up game modes for the most part and the G3 is still amazing for hardcore even shooting slower.

SlimJim0725
Private First Class
Private First Class

Kills : 21450

Back to top Go down

Post by RK1 Apocalypse Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Its kinda sad.....the patch was implemented to restrict the use of Modded Controllers. Too bad the patch failed miserably. People still use them. As for legit players such as myself, i really dont notice a difference except for the pistols. I can still shoot the G3 pretty fast.
RK1 Apocalypse
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22434

http://www.rk1gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MYSTiQUE Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:27 pm

People who use MODs are so irritating to me. You can always tell the difference between someone who is using one and someone who just has a quick trigger finger. If your taking the time to MOD and glitch....you have too much time on your hands and in my eyes are not all that good anyways. People need to stay legit.

MYSTiQUE
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Kills : 21454

Back to top Go down

Post by RK1 Apocalypse Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:10 pm

MYSTiQUE wrote:People who use MODs are so irritating to me. You can always tell the difference between someone who is using one and someone who just has a quick trigger finger. If your taking the time to MOD and glitch....you have too much time on your hands and in my eyes are not all that good anyways. People need to stay legit.

I agree. I think the people who glitch and mod lack the skill to be a legit player. And i extremely dislike those type of gamers. They are scum.
RK1 Apocalypse
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Youth Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:39 pm

RK1 Apocalypse wrote:
MYSTiQUE wrote:People who use MODs are so irritating to me. You can always tell the difference between someone who is using one and someone who just has a quick trigger finger. If your taking the time to MOD and glitch....you have too much time on your hands and in my eyes are not all that good anyways. People need to stay legit.

I agree. I think the people who glitch and mod lack the skill to be a legit player. And i extremely dislike those type of gamers. They are scum.
The funny thing in all of that is when they lose even with a modded controller/glitch. Laughing
Youth
Youth
Corporal
Corporal

Kills : 21543

Back to top Go down

Post by RK1 Apocalypse Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:44 pm

Youth wrote:
RK1 Apocalypse wrote:

The funny thing in all of that is when they lose even with a modded controller/glitch. Laughing

Oh man...i give them even more hell when they lose while glitching/modding.
RK1 Apocalypse
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Back to top Go down

Post by MYSTiQUE Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:33 pm

RK1 Apocalypse wrote:
Youth wrote:
RK1 Apocalypse wrote:

Oh man...i give them even more hell when they lose while glitching/modding.

Haha.....

MYSTiQUE
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Kills : 21454

Back to top Go down

Post by SlimJim0725 Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:34 pm

Youth wrote:
RK1 Apocalypse wrote:

I don't think I even lose to these people, most of them are so trash that unless they are in a glitch that they can't be killed in they still manage to rack up over 10 deaths. It is great when the finally die while my team is spawn camping the rest of their team and then they complain about us spawn camping.

Last edited by SlimJim0725 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

SlimJim0725
Private First Class
Private First Class

Kills : 21450

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGrass Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:59 pm

RK1 Apocalypse wrote:Its kinda sad.....the patch was implemented to restrict the use of Modded Controllers. Too bad the patch failed miserably. People still use them. As for legit players such as myself, i really dont notice a difference except for the pistols. I can still shoot the G3 pretty fast.

That is the main problem I had with the patch, the pistols. When you get into a situation where you have to pull out a pistol, you're already at a disadvantage. With this patch, you're almost better off trying to reload your primary because the pistols are so nerfed. IDK, that's just my opinion. We won't have to worry about it too much longer.

BTW, I remember reading somewhere that the mod countermeasure in MW2 is slightly different than this one, so hopefully they'll have it worked out by Nov. 10.
SpaceGrass
SpaceGrass
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Youth Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:03 pm

SpaceGrass wrote:
RK1 Apocalypse wrote:Its kinda sad.....the patch was implemented to restrict the use of Modded Controllers. Too bad the patch failed miserably. People still use them. As for legit players such as myself, i really dont notice a difference except for the pistols. I can still shoot the G3 pretty fast.

That is the main problem I had with the patch, the pistols. When you get into a situation where you have to pull out a pistol, you're already at a disadvantage. With this patch, you're almost better off trying to reload your primary because the pistols are so nerfed. IDK, that's just my opinion. We won't have to worry about it too much longer.

BTW, I remember reading somewhere that the mod countermeasure in MW2 is slightly different than this one, so hopefully they'll have it worked out by Nov. 10.
I hope so. In that one interview with 402 (Giant Bomb interview) Robert Bowling seemed very sure of himself that modders won't be a problem.
I'm going to hope for the best on this one. MW2 is simply too good of a game to be ruined by modders/glitchers.
I'm also glad they got people like MapMonkies to find the glitches before release. I know for a fact that Treyarch did it and yet a ton of glitches were still not found. (not sure whom to blame on that one)
Youth
Youth
Corporal
Corporal

Kills : 21543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next