WePlayCoD
Should I go back to WaW? Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WePlayCoD
Should I go back to WaW? Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
WePlayCoD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

Should I go back to WaW?

+4
Khaos
Horrorman
hammer280
KAIZER SOSA
8 posters

Go down

Should I go back to WaW? Empty Should I go back to WaW?

Post by KAIZER SOSA Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:54 am

Well as I have previously mentioned in another thread I am deciding whether or not to trade my copy of MW2 at Gamestop and buying World at War again. I'm honestly quite bored with MW2 and don't really care for its future DLC plans either (as by that time I'll be playing too much Battlefield Bad Company 2 anyway)... If so I'll retire MW2 with over 10,000 kills and a 2.38 K/D.

I'll also consider this possible move my personal tribute to Treyarch for making a superior quality game then Infinity Ward a year before MW2 was even released. Playing MW2 has made me realize how well its superior map design is, its awesome stat-tracking, great weapon balance (I think the MP40 is fine Razz), how fun and rewarding this game really was.

A couple of people I know have already went back to WaW and enjoy it rather well... do any of you here still play WaW? If so how is the number of players per day/night average and do you still play it often? Should I do this WePlayCoD forum users, I need your help to decide... either way I still can't wait for the next COD already and happy its being handled by Treyarch.
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 22234

http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/vbherald.php

Back to top Go down

Should I go back to WaW? Empty Re: Should I go back to WaW?

Post by hammer280 Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:37 am

Yea, my MW2 broke and I played WaW for weeks. Fudge(haha tried to put the f word but turned to fudge) GREAT GAME!!! I couldn't stop playing it, and one of my friends who (not to mention, he had MW2 at the time) came back and played it with me, me and him agreed the WaW was much better than most other CoDs. (But don't get me started on GoW 1)

hammer280
Sergeant
Sergeant

Schooled

Kills : 21110

Back to top Go down

Post by Horrorman Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:39 am

well said OP Thumbs up after playing MW2 for 11 weeks now, i came to the same conclusion -> W@W is better in any kind of gameplay, map design, stat tracking, weapon balance...(i never complained about the MP40...)
and im sure the next TA title will blow our heads off Very Happy
Horrorman
Horrorman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Hello

Kills : 22238

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:44 am

Both of these games have there pro's and con's, MW2 for instance much better weapon variety and perks, but however lacks the re-spawn system of WaW. WaW though has good maps and re-spawn system, but however, some of those maps have tanks which are a real pain in the arse, another downfall of WaW though is you cannot set up your kill streak rewards like MW2, a 7 kill-streak is easy to get and once you get it there's nothing much to really try for except to die and get it again.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Kills : 21682

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:29 am

Khaos wrote:Both of these games have there pro's and con's, MW2 for instance much better weapon variety and perks, but however lacks the re-spawn system of WaW. WaW though has good maps and re-spawn system, but however, some of those maps have tanks which are a real pain in the arse, another downfall of WaW though is you cannot set up your kill streak rewards like MW2, a 7 kill-streak is easy to get and once you get it there's nothing much to really try for except to die and get it again.

Might I add I play Hardcore only on WaW so I don't have to deal with Tanks Wink and now that you bring it up I actually prefer the 7 kill streak reward because after you get it... it promotes people to go for objectives, which is a rarity in MW2 honestly.

Hell, in MW2 I never bothered to go for objectives either, its just the way it rubbed off on me. Yes it does have a large weapon variety but unfortunately its cosmetic for the most part (I actually wanted to defend this point in IW's favor but I find that I can't)... see most of these guns have no unique feel to them and warrant the same results.

ARs have no recoil and dominate at any given range, there is almost no difference to the ARs beside the burst firing FAMAS/M16, the LMG guns as well. The SMGs are almost obsolete as they are completely substituted easily by the ARs and the sniper rifles? Heh don't even get me started...

Its not my intention to point the wrongs of MW2 in this reply but it just ended going that way because I wasn't able to lie to myself and validate those particular features...
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Yeah, I see where your coming from with that, and your right most of these weapons don't have really many differences....but I don't know there's something about MW2 that keeps me playing it instead of WaW even though I did really enjoy that game and loved zombie mode. But if you have to get rid of MW2 for WaW I don't know if that's a smart trade because and I know you said you ain't really looking forward to any DLC for MW2 but who knows maybe they will release something you might really like, but then you wouldn't have MW2 anymore, but yeah the decision is yours.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Back to top Go down

Post by bowski477 Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:07 pm

ok so i had to write a blog after playing some waw today. I have missed it so. But i don't think I would give up MW2. Not yet at least. As frustrating as it has been with the glitchers and boosters, I find myself enjoying both games. Sometimes waw more but I like both none the less.

comments are welcome

readddd ittt! Razz Razz
bowski477
bowski477
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Tiger

Kills : 22395

http://aesthetically-pleezin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:49 pm

bowski477 wrote:ok so i had to write a blog after playing some waw today. I have missed it so. But i don't think I would give up MW2. Not yet at least. As frustrating as it has been with the glitchers and boosters, I find myself enjoying both games. Sometimes waw more but I like both none the less.

comments are welcome

readddd ittt! Razz Razz
Very nice blog and I don't know maybe I'll have to break out my old copy of WaW and start playing it again to see which one I would prefer, but I mean both of these games have things I like about them and some things I don't like about them, WaW I enjoyed the old weapons and stuff but there just wasn't as much variety as there is in MW2 and yeah like you said TA was fast on fixing bugs and glitches on WaW but who knows right now MW2 is fixing all the major complaint such as the care-package knifing class more people seem to be complaining about that than the actual bugs in the game, so that immediately went to the top of heir priority list so they could try to keep the gamers happy, which is why they are currently testing a patch for that care-package knifing class. All in all I must agree both games are very good.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer280 Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:36 pm

And all the weapon variety gives is noobs different low-recoil guns that can shoot ropes across derail and still kill a guy, unlike in WaW where you had to actually snipe to get a good long range kill.

And another thing, WHY DID IW GIVE PEOPLE A HEARTBEAT SENSER!!!!???? This crappy, poopy, garbage, piece of #$%$ pisses me off more than any other thing in the game. All it does is give people a less detailed UAV in the palm of their hands.

hammer280
Sergeant
Sergeant

Schooled

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Well thanks guys for the respective responses here... I have decided that I'll be fair and give IW the benefit of the doubt (even though its been stretched long enough) and keep MW2... but I won't be playing it any time soon.

In fact I'm also gonna pick up World at War next Friday and will play that until MW2 becomes somewhat decent to play and IW decides I can have more then a two bar connection... but even then I'll be playing WaW until November.

I'm quite excited to be going back to World at War, I'm a very good CoD player period but I might be a bit rusty lol, even then I'll have fun playing Game modes where people actually go for objectives this time around including myself.

So next weekend if anyone wants to party up for some WaW action lemme know, I'll be glad to join you.

GT - KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer280 Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Anytime man, thanks for giving me a thread where I can post my criticism towards MW2 lol!

hammer280
Sergeant
Sergeant

Schooled

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:46 am

hammer280 wrote:And all the weapon variety gives is noobs different low-recoil guns that can shoot ropes across derail and still kill a guy, unlike in WaW where you had to actually snipe to get a good long range kill.

And another thing, WHY DID IW GIVE PEOPLE A HEARTBEAT SENSER!!!!???? This crappy, poopy, garbage, piece of #$%$ pisses me off more than any other thing in the game. All it does is give people a less detailed UAV in the palm of their hands.
lol On WaW I could use any of those AR's just like I can on MW2's AR's, also if you don't like the heartbeat sensor, put ninja on.

@KAIZOR SOSA: Good luck and hope to see you rejoin MW2 soon, and I agree I hope they can fix some of the bugs on MW2 shortly course I don't really experience any of them so I don't know maybe it's people's connection problems that does it, but the only problem I have is re-spawning and dying every now and then other than that everything goes great for me.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Back to top Go down

Post by JattPavit Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am

Ill say this Treyarch leads in Map designing and stat tracking.
Infinity ward is the one who beefs up the graphics and perks. Also there is a better gun variety in MW2 IMO
JattPavit
JattPavit
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Kills : 21646

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer280 Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:31 pm

But all the guns do the same thing. All the LMGs sound THE EXACT same with a silencer, same with the snipers. And the ARs with high rates of fire sound the same as other, and low rof sound the same as others. The only thing that is unique is the ACR. But, I love the perks, who could complain about those?

hammer280
Sergeant
Sergeant

Schooled

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyaizen Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Hey everyone. I never really gave WaW a chance, but I rebought the game and am looking for people to play with. I've been playing the series since the second one and am playing this game to take a much needed break from the ever frustrating MW2. If you wanna play, add my GT = Kyaizen. I'll be on quite a bit, as I'd like to set my goal of getting to 10th prestige these games. I'm 10th in 4, and almost 5th in MW2. Again, hit me up. I'll probably be playing mostly core, until I get everything settled. Than most likely move to HCSnD and others.

Kyaizen
Private
Private

Kills : 20871

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:28 pm

I've been playing a bit of WaW lately and have been having a blast. I can't say that I'd trade MW2 for it, because I still enjoy playing it, but it has become a bit monotonous as of late.

First game back on WaW with my PTRS produced a 25-2 k/d.

Very Happy

Last edited by MaTtKs on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 24327

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:50 pm

MaTtKs wrote:I've been playing a bit of WaW lately and have been having a blast. I can't say that I'd trade MW2 for it, because I still enjoy playing it, but it has become a bit monotonous as of late.

First game back on WaW with my PTRS produced a 25-2 k/d.

Very Happy

Ah, yes... I need nothing but a PTRS-41 and my Magnum. I miss owning in some Hardcore War with it Twisted Evil
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer280 Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:53 pm

It's pretty sad on IW's part that people are leaving a 2.5 month old game for a game that's 1.5 years old! But face it WaW is amazing!

hammer280
Sergeant
Sergeant

Schooled

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Well I picked up WaW today and played a bit but... Holy crap what happen to the people who play this game? The game barely had 9000 people playing and the least amount of those people were playing my favorite game mode Hardcore War with just barely 70 people in the playlist...

I sure hope the number of players pick up during the evenings. Especially Hardcore War...
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer280 Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:18 pm

Yea, but they all suck!!! It's ridiculous how bad the kids are in that game now.

hammer280
Sergeant
Sergeant

Schooled

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 pm

KAIZER SOSA wrote:Well I picked up WaW today and played a bit but... Holy crap what happen to the people who play this game? The game barely had 9000 people playing and the least amount of those people were playing my favorite game mode Hardcore War with just barely 70 people in the playlist...

I sure hope the number of players pick up during the evenings. Especially Hardcore War...
lol...Told you basically everyone who played WaW has MW2 now, I remember when the players online on WaW was in the 80,000's, so it dropped like 90+% of it's population due to MW2.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:15 am

Khaos wrote:
KAIZER SOSA wrote:Well I picked up WaW today and played a bit but... Holy crap what happen to the people who play this game? The game barely had 9000 people playing and the least amount of those people were playing my favorite game mode Hardcore War with just barely 70 people in the playlist...

lol...Told you basically everyone who played WaW has MW2 now, I remember when the players online on WaW was in the 80,000's, so it dropped like 90+% of it's population due to MW2.

Yeah, I played some HC HQ and HC Search & Destroy last night and this morning... and the quality of skill has gone (In back to back matches I went 46-1 and 72-9, not fun when you own everyone over and over). This game mostly consist of people who look like they just brought the game when it hit the bargain price of 20 dollars. No one play's HC War (my favorite game type), its like they're scared...

Thats what I really wanted to come back to, and no one plays it. Kinda sad and disappointed about it. Gonna retire once again, this game isn't for me anymore. I've gotta take a break from COD and allow myself to enjoy other franchises, I'll pick playing it back in November for the next COD but until then see ya COD.. . Sad
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer280 Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:26 am

Hey if you would like to take a break from CoD play some GoW1. If you are any good at sniping in MW2 it some how makes you a monster at that game. And a ton of people still play it opposed to GoW2. Because GoW1 was much better in most peoples' opinion.

hammer280
Sergeant
Sergeant

Schooled

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down