WePlayCoD
BOYCOTT Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 DLC Map Pack - Page 2 Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WePlayCoD
BOYCOTT Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 DLC Map Pack - Page 2 Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
WePlayCoD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

BOYCOTT Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 DLC Map Pack

+13
SergeantHatredx
Jarsh019
KAIZER SOSA
MINUS Stl
bowski477
Khaos
MajorRod
Gosu71
firevice
epik-germz
stars007
Big J 0526
IT_ME_GE0RGE
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BOYCOTT Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 DLC Map Pack - Page 2 Empty Re: BOYCOTT Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 DLC Map Pack

Post by SergeantHatredx Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 pm

whenever I hear that someone is going to "BOYCOTT" a game or a map pack(in this case), i just laugh. im not mocking anyone but, this is pointless. Infinity Ward makes millions even if 100,000 people were to not to buy the map pack. Their one of the highest gaming industries in America, why would they care if you didn't buy a map pack, the entire company could retire after the profits of CoD 3, 4, and Modern Warfare2. So why should they care about some stupid boycott over a map pack? Especially when they make millions in the 2 weeks of the release of 1 game. YEAH I MADE MY POINT!
------------------
BTW- no ones making you buy it. and if ya cant afford it, then take up babysitting or mow a lawn or something. AND QUIT YOUR COMPLIANING!
SergeantHatredx
SergeantHatredx
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Sniper

Kills : 21565

Back to top Go down

BOYCOTT Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 DLC Map Pack - Page 2 Empty Re: BOYCOTT Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 DLC Map Pack

Post by Gosu71 Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:39 am

I usually find that people who say they are boycotting DLC end up buying it anyway
Gosu71
Gosu71
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

UK Flag

Kills : 22131

http://www.prestigegamerz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Horrorman Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:23 am

just play another game, for example BF:BC2 -> problem solved about to buy or not to buy...and wait for TA´s CoD:Vietnam Thumbs up
Horrorman
Horrorman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Hello

Kills : 22290

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:50 am

IT_ME_GE0RGE wrote:
First things first I own a Tool rental shop and make good money doing it and I work hard for my money and that is the main point most of us work hard for the money. And I am 31 years old and I play games to relax after work, and for the people that do have kids and have to buy them there map packs for there kids would be pissed too if they knew what came in the map packs.

and the next thing I just found out that we are not getting 8 maps like Activison/Infinity Ward said before with 5 old maps and 3 new maps it is even more F-UP we all will only be getting 5 maps total... 3 new maps and 2 old maps that is just wrong for $15.00 that is 3 dollars a map do you get that yet what Activison/Infinity Ward and Microsoft are doing they are just trying to push the price as far as they can till people wake up and say the same thing I am saying where will they stop ripping people off $5.00 a map $10.00 a map who knows.

This goes back to the Air Jordan XVII had poor sales do to over price cost of the shoe there is a point where people wake up you should wake up soon too…

and do not try and tell me that they can not give us 5 maps for $5.00 because EA/BioWare just drop a map pack for Mass Effect 2 for free named Firewalker with a new world to go to FOR FREE!!!!

1. Infinity Ward/Activision raised the price to $15 because they know people will buy it anyways.
2. Probably 1000/1 ratio of people if not a higher ratio will buy the DLC.
3. $15 is cheap anyways.
4. You don't have to buy them you can just play the regular maps.
5. Your petition won't work because if basically everyone here on WePlayCOD is buying the DLC think of the other millions of people around the world going to buy it.

I could go on I mean really how many people have joined you petition ? It can't be that many maybe 100 or so but really its millions vs hundreds and millions usually wins.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Kills : 21734

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:27 am

I'm extremely wary of my indifference to this situation on the COD community as a whole now...

I for one am obviously more then willing to share my discomforts with MW2 amongst my peers here but there is a borderline that I will not dare pass - Why?

Because it chips away at the integrity of the people (faithful COD gamers), which quite honestly being a veteran of the franchise since its inception myself and a long time contributor and helper to its community, it seems to be falling apart year by year.

Sure, they have been numerous boycotts of some sort attempted to thwart the pricing or in some cases, alternative developers, away from the series through out its years but the level of immaturity and downright distaste that has been surfacing recently is a slap in the face to the direction of this franchise, its future, and its community.

Like I said, in no way am I promoting a self acceptance to the discomfort of the follies and shenanigans of Activision as of late (or even in the past). I also questioned many, many issues which have been abundant in the shelf life of Modern Warfare 2 so far, and respect those who wish to do the very same. Yet to see its own community, us, rip apart the dignity we should have attained and upheld is inexcusably frustrating.

We are the future of Call of Duty whether you believe it or not. We have been the driving force of this franchise's claim to fame. We have been the gamers who delved in numerous hours of gameplay and have made this the most played FPS in the history of media.

We can also contribute to its future and direction more then we actually seem to believe, but it has to start somewhere and at the point we are at now... seems like we are just gonna let Activision spit in our faces and accept the changes they plan to go with Call of Duty, and when I say changes its not the DLC pricing.

That would have come down on us and every other gamer with other titles eventually, its called economy people and thats how it works.

There are thousands of other methods to get your point across with developers and publishers then silly rage fueled boycotts and explicit 4chan images on official forum threads (Hello PC gamer) but we seem to just simply don't give a damn. Thats why all our efforts as a community are in vain...

Tweeting #MW2StimulusPackageSucks over and over again is not gonna help your community out, it just makes us look stupid and downright immature. One particular gentleman who started this has ended up receiving a uncensored wish from me recently (which was also very immature act on my part I confess), simply because he seems to promote this imbecility about the COD community.

Some of you here actually unfollowed me and/or have removed me from Twitter lists because of my recent exchange. I assure you, the accumulative anger I've held with this guy and people like him on various sites has been tipped over the edge. If you choose to support this, what I will humorously dub "inside job" behavior - so be it... but equal support and outspoken defense (although not as foolishly immature as I handled it) would be proper cause we seem to be lacking.

Not completely, but lacking nonetheless...

Long story short - Defend the franchise regardless of your discomforts, unite rather then promote segregation amongst the community with silly claims and cheap shots at its developers, band together to make yourselves heard in a way deemed respectful and worthy of ear.

In this way, and this way only we can make a difference with our long term perspectives when it comes to COD's future. Not dismantle the voice we have built over the past seven years with blatant immaturity and fan-boyish nerd raging. If you made it this far... thanks for reading.
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 22286

http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/vbherald.php

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:49 am

Ok, finally got a chance to read through your post KAIZER...

I fully agree, but I'll also say that we won't be able to change those who wish to resort to "immature" displays of distaste.

Just keep in mind that we, the long-time CoD fans, will always be here to offer direction and support when called upon. MW2 has just become an unfortunate situation in some players eyes, but that is just the way the cookie crumbles. With high expectations come the need for high standards. While an outrageously fun game imo, MW2 just hasn't lived up to those "heavenly" standards that many put on it.

With that said, I have no fears about moving forward with the franchise and will continue to show my support whether it be through spreading the word, offering my insight to the devs, or purchasing DLC when the time comes. I'll be there every step of the way because this is OUR game.

Last edited by MaTtKs on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 24379

Back to top Go down

Post by bowski477 Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:34 am

@KAIZER SOSA you couldn't be more right. I know your thought about MW2 and for the most part I agree with you on them. I may not be a veteran whos seen it all through every COD game but since I played COD4 I knew this series was amazing and it would become a part of my life.

Although MW2 has disappointed us in ways we never thought imaginable you are right in the fact that we must stick by the series. Nothing and nobody is perfect. And even though we had such high hopes for MW2 the disappointment is no reason to drop the game or the series if you have been a hardcore part of the COD community.

COD has hit a rough patch and I plan to stick with it. My complaints and disappointment may show more than my loyalty towards the game sometimes but I will always stick with it. This series has given us too much to give up now.
bowski477
bowski477
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Tiger

Kills : 22447

http://aesthetically-pleezin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:34 pm

Saturday morning bump. Edit my previous post in reply to KAIZER's post.
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 24379

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:26 pm

MaTtKs wrote:Ok, finally got a chance to read through your post KAIZER...

I fully agree, but I'll also say that we won't be able to change those who wish to resort to "immature" displays of distaste.

True... we can't changed that but we can avoid supporting that type of behavior. Some fellow fans just might have a sour moment and fall into supporting that behavior unknowingly. Even I have been guilty of this in the past. Thanks for coming back here and reading my input.

Also your right, what might seem like my sudden change in perception to MW2 has been me accepting it for what it is behind the hype and glamor. Simply not viewing it as the huge media monster it is, its another iteration and while having its faults it will never fall under that "perfect" state of gameplay bliss... but its there, and I'm just gonna take it one step at a time.

Just keep this franchise alive for now and remember for those looking forward COD7 is just around the corner... Smile
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 22286

http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/vbherald.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosu71 Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:00 am

bowski477 wrote:since I played COD4 I knew this series was amazing and it would become a part of my life.
x2

bowski477 wrote:Although MW2 has disappointed us in ways we never thought imaginable
x2

bowski477 wrote:This series has given us too much to give up now.
x2

Right, that's the x2's out the way Very Happy

MW2 to me is a rollercoaster ride of emotions, a pure love/hate relationship if there ever was one.

I can be having a great time playing with the forum guys/girls and then 10 minutes later i'm PS3 rage quitting and going to bed depressed and dejected.

It still won't put me off buying the DLC though
Gosu71
Gosu71
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

UK Flag

Kills : 22131

http://www.prestigegamerz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DitkaKenobi Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:33 am

I'll be buying the maps, because they call to me. I have a map addiction and my dealer knows I'll pay whatever it takes to get me some maps. Plus it gives me a great opportunity to spam my Twitter for a month about how awesome my Xbox 360 is in hopes that it will annoy Gosu, lol.
DitkaKenobi
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22718

Back to top Go down

Post by Skintape Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:20 am

This is mhow is ty first COD i have just bought the maps but i would like to know his dissapointing compared to the other games in the series?

Skintape
Private
Private

Kills : 20675

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum