WePlayCoD
Modern Warfare 2 Plot Explained Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WePlayCoD
Modern Warfare 2 Plot Explained Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
WePlayCoD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

Modern Warfare 2 Plot Explained

+12
Keith3618
shane35007
TheLastShot123
firevice
FROSTY
DitkaKenobi
Kuna
evongelo
bigboy1355
Kyled55
khy
IXHIGHLANDERXI
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Modern Warfare 2 Plot Explained Empty Modern Warfare 2 Plot Explained

Post by IXHIGHLANDERXI Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Can't figure out the plotholes and how everything ties together? Spoilers within!

Lots of people have said that Modern Warfare 2's plot has left them baffled.
They can't understand why Price fired a nuclear missile at the US, or why Russia went to war with the US, or why Shepherd did... well, pretty much all the crazy things he did.There have been a lot of questions and not everything is well explained within but it does make sense and all tie in together.

Why is low-ranking Private Allen given such an important CIA task at the Russian airport?As the plot later on establishes, we know Shepherd is working together with Makarov, so Shepherd wants a 'disposable' fall guy to trigger the political chain reaction that results in the war.

How does American Allen pass off as a Russian?
There are no physical differences between Americans and Russians, at least none that are immediately obvious. We can also assume that Allen speaks Russian, which is why he's instructed to speak English at the start of the airport level. In any case, Makarov and Shepherd are working together, so Makarov would allow Allen to 'infiltrate' the group regardless of how authentic Allen's cover is.

Why would Shepherd/Allen allow Makarov to kill hundreds of civilians at the airport?
Shepherd mentions losing his men earlier "while the world watched", so his anger means his morality is already out of step with what you'd expect from an army official. You could also argue that he doesn't care about Russian citizens. Allen is following orders - it could be his obedience and complete complicity that saw him selected for the job to begin with.

Why would Russia start war and invade the US because of a rogue group of Americans killing Russian citizens?
The key here is that the Russians believed it was a group of CIA operatives responsible, meaning their actions would have been sanctioned by the American government. Therefore, it was seen as the American government carrying out the Russian killings and not the actions of a few rogue Americans.

Why was Price kept in a Russian prison for four years when he was rescued alongside Soap?
Not explained. Price was kept in Russia for medical treatment, as he was seriously wounded following the events of Modern Warfare. The political mood quickly changed following the fall of Zakhaev and it's likely Price was kept as a 'political prisoner' of sorts.

Why doesn't Soap know what happened to Price?
Again, not explained, but Soap not knowing what happened to Price means we can only presume that Price is being kept/held somewhere against his will.

Why does Shepherd have total command over TF141?
It's his own personal army and at this point, he almost has command of the entire American military.

Why does Shepherd betray his own private army?
Shepherd is simply covering up the evidence that could link him back to what happened at the airport or at any point after that. It may have been that they were in on the conspiracy anyway but Shepherd doesn't take any chances.

Why does Shepherd do all this anyway, what does he get out of starting this war?
He wants to increase the American military's dominance and his own command within it. He's after a 'blank check' to wage his own war with, which means his power and influence would receive a massive boost.

Why did Price launch a nuke at the US?
He fires a nuke to detonate above the Earth's atmosphere to serve the same purpose as an EMP, the radiation would get blocked by lower levels of the atmosphere. The intention is shown in the following scene - to cripple the electronics in Washington and slow the Russian invasion of the US.

Whats your thoughts on this? and feel free to add/discuss
IXHIGHLANDERXI
IXHIGHLANDERXI
Private
Private

Kills : 21265

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 2 Plot Explained Empty Re: Modern Warfare 2 Plot Explained

Post by khy Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Makarov and Shepard are not working together, that is why they are fighting when you have to run to the car and drive into nikolai's plane.

khy
Private
Private

Impaler

Kills : 21377

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyled55 Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:16 pm

The campaign was awesome. Loved the ending. Still left me hanging tho.

I think there will be a Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (might not be called that tho. Might be something different but idk!)

Last edited by Kyled55 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I changed a mistake)
Kyled55
Kyled55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 22562

Back to top Go down

Post by bigboy1355 Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:48 pm

khy wrote:Makarov and Shepard are not working together, that is why they are fighting when you have to run to the car and drive into nikolai's plane.
This isn't true when they're fighting at the end Shepard is still tricking his men, they have no idea he has been working with Makarov this entire time.
bigboy1355
bigboy1355
Private
Private

Kills : 21238

Back to top Go down

Post by evongelo Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:28 pm

Allen is also killing the Russians willingly because Shepherd told him that the lives he takes will be insignificant to the lives he will save

evongelo
Private
Private

Kills : 21183

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuna Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:30 pm

khy wrote:Makarov and Shepard are not working together, that is why they are fighting when you have to run to the car and drive into nikolai's plane.

I'm just going to elaborate on what another person already said. Makarov's men and Shepard's men are fighting against each other, yes. But if you notice, when you play the mission, "The Enemy of My Enemy", you're (Soap) fighting BOTH Makarov's and Shepard's men. By now, Soap and Price figured out Shepard and Makarov were working together to achieve what they both wanted, which was a war. So basically it's Makarov vs Shepard vs Price and Soap, with a little help from Nikolai. Price knows Shepard is working with Makarov hence the conversation he has with Makarov in this mission: Price says, "Have you heard the term the enemy of my enemy is my friend" to Makarov and Makarov replies, "I think you'll find that works both ways." Anyway that's all I got lol. If I'm wrong though, just let me know. Embarassed

Thanks for posting this! I didn't understand why Price launched the nuke. Well I did afterwards, but I didn't understand why he didn't get yelled at lol. I expected some sort of confrontation, but there wasn't any so I was definitely confused there for a bit.

Edit: Also, that part with the helos crashing down was insane!!
Kuna
Kuna
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Sniper

Kills : 21649

http://agamerwithapen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DitkaKenobi Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:01 am

Even when you put the story line together and try to make sense out of it, it's still very weak at best. This game is an example of very bad story telling. I wanted to love the story, it's just too broken. As evidenced by the fact that this thread even exists. Each of the levels are fun, the story holding them together is just not well thought out. COD4 had the superior story BY FAR.
DitkaKenobi
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22706

Back to top Go down

Post by FROSTY Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:07 am

DitkaKenobi wrote:Even when you put the story line together and try to make sense out of it, it's still very weak at best. This game is an example of very bad story telling. I wanted to love the story, it's just too broken. As evidenced by the fact that this thread even exists. Each of the levels are fun, the story holding them together is just not well thought out. COD4 had the superior story BY FAR.

The story in CoD4 was like a classic Clancy novel or somethin, and it was boring. The story in MW2 is a lot better, and a lot more wtf. I had soo many wtf moments in that game, though a lot of the game reminded me of action movies - Cliffhanger is a good example, and any movie about terrorists in an Airport. Still realistic wise for a storyline CoD 4 was a lot better.

FROSTY
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Kills : 21586

Back to top Go down

Post by firevice Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:13 am

Also, when Soap hands Price the M1911 .45 when they rescue him, its the same pistol used to kill Zakhaev
firevice
firevice

MW2

Kills : 22506

http://www.dmclanforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by khy Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Kuna wrote:

I'm just going to elaborate on what another person already said. Makarov's men and Shepard's men are fighting against each other, yes. But if you notice, when you play the mission, "The Enemy of My Enemy", you're (Soap) fighting BOTH Makarov's and Shepard's men. By now, Soap and Price figured out Shepard and Makarov were working together to achieve what they both wanted, which was a war. So basically it's Makarov vs Shepard vs Price and Soap, with a little help from Nikolai. Price knows Shepard is working with Makarov hence the conversation he has with Makarov in this mission: Price says, "Have you heard the term the enemy of my enemy is my friend" to Makarov and Makarov replies, "I think you'll find that works both ways." Anyway that's all I got lol. If I'm wrong though, just let me know. Embarassed

Thanks for posting this! I didn't understand why Price launched the nuke. Well I did afterwards, but I didn't understand why he didn't get yelled at lol. I expected some sort of confrontation, but there wasn't any so I was definitely confused there for a bit.

Not true, it's because makarov and shepard were both against TF141. It shows there are more than 2 sides to war.

khy
Private
Private

Impaler

Kills : 21377

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuna Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:26 pm

khy wrote:
Kuna wrote:

Not true, it's because makarov and shepard were both against TF141. It shows there are more than 2 sides to war.

What's not true exactly? I said a lot in my paragraph (lol) so I don't know what you think is not true? Just making sure I understand the complete MW2 story.
Kuna
Kuna
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastShot123 Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:25 pm

if you are going to post something about this WATCH THE CUTSCENES between the missions it explains ALOT

TheLastShot123
Private
Private

Kills : 21307

Back to top Go down

Post by DitkaKenobi Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:27 am

TheLastShot123 wrote:if you are going to post something about this WATCH THE CUTSCENES between the missions it explains ALOT

I'm pretty sure everyone who plays the game the first time watches all the cutscenes. To say that the cutscenes in this game explain A LOT is to never have played a game with cutscenes that actually explain a lot.
DitkaKenobi
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Back to top Go down

Post by shane35007 Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:07 am

Frosty wrote CoD4:MW was like a Clancy novel (ouch, as he's one of my favorite authors) and I've written that MW2 seems to be a lot like a season of 24.

MW had a even flow, sure the overall storyline wasn't seat of your pants (of course you were killed by a nuke), but the gameplay matched the story perfectly.

MW2 is somewhat erratic. We see events from one POV, that then are explained after that in another POV, for example, in D.C. as Ramirez, we crash in the helo after the strafing runs on the WWII Memorial, at the end of that level we see a blinding flash. Jump to Roach and Price and we are now explaining what that flash was, being the Atmosphere Detonated Nuke. So we jump back to Ramirez and the aftermath of the flash.

MW2 is also vague at times, ala 24, as to what / why is something happening.

I think when looking back at MW2 story, it makes sense, it was just a somewhat jumbled way to do so.

shane35007
Corporal
Corporal

Impaler

Kills : 21609

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith3618 Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:29 am

ou guys are making it harder than wha it is
Keith3618
Keith3618
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Kills : 22019

Back to top Go down

Post by lawtondannyboy Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:17 am

There was no nuke! It was an EMP to save the rangers from the militia.
lawtondannyboy
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Kills : 23204

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DitkaKenobi Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:25 am

lawtondannyboy wrote:There was no nuke! It was an EMP to save the rangers from the militia.

That WAS a nuke exploded in the upper atmosphere to provide an EMP burst. Electromagnetic Pulse is a side effect of a nuclear explosion.
DitkaKenobi
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:35 am

Nice thread but to be quite frank... Sheperd and Makarov are not working together at all. I've noticed ALOT of people confused about the plot to the game but to me imo its quite straightfoward.
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 22274

http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/vbherald.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuna Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:17 am

KAIZER SOSA wrote:Nice thread but to be quite frank... Sheperd and Makarov are not working together at all. I've noticed ALOT of people confused about the plot to the game but to me imo its quite straightfoward.

Well OXM wrote the faq that the OP posted: http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=15099 They say Shepard and Makarov are working together. You would think an "official xbox magazine" would know the story.
Kuna
Kuna
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Kuna wrote:
KAIZER SOSA wrote:Nice thread but to be quite frank... Sheperd and Makarov are not working together at all. I've noticed ALOT of people confused about the plot to the game but to me imo its quite straightfoward.

Well OXM wrote the faq that the OP posted: http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=15099 They say Shepard and Makarov are working together. You would think an "official xbox magazine" would know the story.

To be honest with you I don't take what they say (or speculate might be a better word) to be true at all, I've played through this game a thousand times and there is absolutely nothing that remotely hints that Sheperd and Makarov are "working together".

Sorry OXM is wrong, if I had my own magazine and claimed that Ghost was Gaz, unfortunately people would end up believing me too.

Speherd was his own "monster" manipulated a couple of things to get his way after Price went rogue exploding the nuke over the upper atmosphere to create a EMP over Washington thus slowing and simply hampering the invasion escalation of Russian troops.

Sheperd being a veteran of the first war (COD4) and still displeased with the why "the world watched" wants to be seen as the hero and cover his tracks (along with the CIA) of sending PFC. Allen in as an undercover Op since the conclusion was a disaster and basically created the war. Sheperd and the CIA needed this evidence of a failed mission that started it all in thier hands to be ready to deny it to the world that an American was undercover in Russia at the Airport.

They wouldn't want to be compromised just like in real life regardless of a failed mission or not. That is why those of Task Force 141 who were a part of this series of missions must be silenced because they are the only ones who know besides the terrorists. People will believe they're Special Forces, they won't believe terrorists that is why Ghost and Roach had to die, along with Price and Soap and the rest of the nameless TF141 members who were involved (even though its evident Price and Soap don't die).

Makarov being the sly villain he is used this as an oppurtunity to get what he finally has been waited for, he's been making attempts of a global crisis with all the terrorists attacks that were shown through the montage of newspapers in the game mission's prolouge and finally got a big break when he discovered PFC. Allen was an undercover Op for Sheperd and the CIA.

People just got to listen to the dialouge in the game it's clearly in front of everyone's face...

In the beginning of the level "The Enemy of my Enemy" Price tells Soap: "Soap, Sheperd's trying to wipe us out and Makarov at the same time! Head to rally point Bravo to the west! Trust no one!"

This is said to Makarov by Price in the same level: "Makarov, this is Price. Sheperd's a war hero now and he's got your playbook and his blank check..."

This right here also implies that Sheperd is clearly working from his own motivation, not in cohesion with Makarov at all. Makarov being in the spolight now more then he garnered for with the latest terrorist attack and all out war with Sheperd's men then gives his intel (Intel Makarov has in an effort to kill Sheperd but sees the oppurtunity to have Price do it for him) to Price, telling him he has a military staging area in the desert.

Why would he try taking out Makarov if they are working together, to be honest any speculative claim to that question would be far fetched and create the obvious confusion everyone is experiencing at the moment even worst. The level's name is even a nod to obvious conclusions "The Enemy of my Enemy" -simply stating Sheperd and Makarov ARE infact enemies not working together.
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by shane35007 Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:48 pm

What if Shepard assisted Makarov in starting the war, not as an ally, but to use an enemy to start this war, thus garnering him retribution to the American govt.

If I remember correctly at the end of CoD4, wasn't a lot of what went down covered up?

shane35007
Corporal
Corporal

Impaler

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:05 pm

shane35007 wrote:What if Shepard assisted Makarov in starting the war, not as an ally, but to use an enemy to start this war, thus garnering him retribution to the American govt.

If I remember correctly at the end of CoD4, wasn't a lot of what went down covered up?

Thank you, I guess in shorter words thats what I'm trying to point out, Sheperd is manipulative in his decisions depending on what happened in the game. People simply confuse this as him and Makarov working together...
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by shane35007 Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:23 pm

KAIZER SOSA wrote:
shane35007 wrote:What if Shepard assisted Makarov in starting the war, not as an ally, but to use an enemy to start this war, thus garnering him retribution to the American govt.

Thank you, I guess in shorter words thats what I'm trying to point out, Sheperd is manipulative in his decisions depending on what happened in the game. People simply confuse this as him and Makarov working together...

Like they say, Great Minds.....

Your Twitter background is slick, I didn't realize the background can be changed. Any suggestions for sites to get backgrounds?

shane35007
Corporal
Corporal

Impaler

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuna Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:29 pm

KAIZER SOSA wrote:
Kuna wrote:

To be honest with you I don't take what they say (or speculate might be a better word) to be true at all, I've played through this game a thousand times and there is absolutely nothing that remotely hints that Sheperd and Makarov are "working together".

Sorry OXM is wrong, if I had my own magazine and claimed that Ghost was Gaz, unfortunately people would end up believing me too.

Speherd was his own "monster" manipulated a couple of things to get his way after Price went rogue exploding the nuke over the upper atmosphere to create a EMP over Washington thus slowing and simply hampering the invasion escalation of Russian troops.

Sheperd being a veteran of the first war (COD4) and still displeased with the why "the world watched" wants to be seen as the hero and cover his tracks (along with the CIA) of sending PFC. Allen in as an undercover Op since the conclusion was a disaster and basically created the war. Sheperd and the CIA needed this evidence of a failed mission that started it all in thier hands to be ready to deny it to the world that an American was undercover in Russia at the Airport.

They wouldn't want to be compromised just like in real life regardless of a failed mission or not. That is why those of Task Force 141 who were a part of this series of missions must be silenced because they are the only ones who know besides the terrorists. People will believe they're Special Forces, they won't believe terrorists that is why Ghost and Roach had to die, along with Price and Soap and the rest of the nameless TF141 members who were involved (even though its evident Price and Soap don't die).

Makarov being the sly villain he is used this as an oppurtunity to get what he finally has been waited for, he's been making attempts of a global crisis with all the terrorists attacks that were shown through the montage of newspapers in the game mission's prolouge and finally got a big break when he discovered PFC. Allen was an undercover Op for Sheperd and the CIA.

People just got to listen to the dialouge in the game it's clearly in front of everyone's face...

In the beginning of the level "The Enemy of my Enemy" Price tells Soap: "Soap, Sheperd's trying to wipe us out and Makarov at the same time! Head to rally point Bravo to the west! Trust no one!"

This is said to Makarov by Price in the same level: "Makarov, this is Price. Sheperd's a war hero now and he's got your playbook and his blank check..."

This right here also implies that Sheperd is clearly working from his own motivation, not in cohesion with Makarov at all. Makarov being in the spolight now more then he garnered for with the latest terrorist attack and all out war with Sheperd's men then gives his intel (Intel Makarov has in an effort to kill Sheperd but sees the oppurtunity to have Price do it for him) to Price, telling him he has a military staging area in the desert.

Why would he try taking out Makarov if they are working together, to be honest any speculative claim to that question would be far fetched and create the obvious confusion everyone is experiencing at the moment even worst. The level's name is even a nod to obvious conclusions "The Enemy of my Enemy" -simply stating Sheperd and Makarov ARE infact enemies not working together.

Well that's what I was trying to get out of ya, is an explanation Very Happy I'm not trying to buck heads or anything, just trying to make sure I understand the story. Is there a chance that Shepard betrayed Makarov? By attacking his people in The Enemy of My Enemy? At the start, they work together to create a war, but Shepard wanting to be the hero in all of this betrays Makarov and takes all the glory for himself? Or would that be considered far fetched?
Kuna
Kuna
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Kuna wrote:Well that's what I was trying to get out of ya, is an explanation Very Happy I'm not trying to buck heads or anything, just trying to make sure I understand the story. Is there a chance that Shepard betrayed Makarov? By attacking his people in The Enemy of My Enemy? At the start, they work together to create a war, but Shepard wanting to be the hero in all of this betrays Makarov and takes all the glory for himself? Or would that be considered far fetched?

Sorry if my post induces some sort of douchey-ness, not trying to come across like that. d\'oh

I just simply go off by what the game and its dialouge conclude and not even once is the fact even hinted that Sheperd and Makarov are working together. I won't believe anyone until otherwise proven by an official IW employee that that is the case.

From what I see (and is obvious to me) is that Sheperd is as rotten as Makarov when it comes to getting what he wants. He wants the glory, he wants to punish the Russians and OpFor as bad as the Americans were punished in COD4 with the Nuke in the Middle East. He wants control of the war... He clearly has his own motivations, as Makarov has his yet they are not working together. They have completely different goals.
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down