WePlayCoD
UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WePlayCoD
UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
WePlayCoD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction

+3
mattrob91
stars007
KAIZER SOSA
7 posters

Go down

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction Empty UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction

Post by KAIZER SOSA Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:03 am

Call of Duty 7 rumours: are they true?
'Activision insider' leaks new information on next CoD - fact or fiction?

A recent leak, supposedly from an Activision 'insider', has revealed new details about the next Call of Duty. Although, Call of Duty 7 is yet to be formally announced by Activision, logic suggests that the new instalment will be handled by the *other* CoD team, Treyarch, formerly responsible for Call of Duty 3 and Call of Duty: World at War.

Fact or fiction? We look at the latest rumours and tell you what we think.

The game will be called Call of Duty: Black Ops:

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction COD7_Fact--article_image

In the recent leak the Acti insider uses this name to refer to CoD 7. In military terminology, a 'black op' is the most covert type of mission undertaken by secret services like the SAS - an area that Treyarch has yet to fully explore (bar a brief dalliance in CoD3).

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction COD7_SAS1--article_image

Above: CoD 7: Black Ops could see you playing as a member of the SAS

If the team is keen to move away from their tag as the 'World War II' CoD team, this concentration on more ‘under-the-radar’ missions might be the way to do it. Plus, further info suggests you'll play at least part of the game as a member of the SAS, which sounds way more exciting than a Private in the infantry division.

Missions will take place in a variety of time-frames...

Back in early 2009 it was already being reported that CoD 7 would be set in the Vietnam era. Again, an 'insider' pointed to the music that was being licensed for the game which was of the Vietnam era and Cuban, African and Russian music.

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction Bay_of_pigs--article_image

Above: The CIA-led Bay of Pigs invasion in Cuba falls within the suggested time-frame for CoD 7

This would suggest a Cold War/Vietnam setting (including a possible mission in the Bay of Pigs Invasion) and would place the time-frame between 1959 and 1975. Sounds totally plausible to us.

There will be a mission based around the 1980 London Iranian Embassy Siege:

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction COD7_Fiction--article_image

Not so sure about this one... and we've got some info to back this up.
In the recent lawsuit filed against Activision by Infinity Ward employees Vince Zampella and Jason West it was revealed that West and Zampella had "creative authority over the development of any games... set in the post-Vietnam era, the near future or the distant future".

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction COD7_Iranianembassy--article_image

Above: Unfortunately, this PC mod might be closest we get to an Iranian Embassy siege in a Call of Duty game.

Given that the Iranian Embassy siege by occurred in 1980, this would fall out of Treyarch's remit. However, now that Zampella and West are no-longer employees of IW and their future influence over the series is still to be decided in the US courts, this clause might be rendered irrelevant now.

From a gamer point of view, playing out that notorious mission would be kind of cool (and controversial enough to garner 'No Russian'-style media attention).

The game will use dedicated servers for PC multiplayer:

This is more of an issue for PC gamers, many of whom abandoned Modern Warfare 2 when it was revealed that Infinity Ward was doing away with dedicated servers and instead using an Xbox Live style matchmaking service.

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction Servers--article_image

The reasons for the anger felt by a section of the PC gaming community are numerous and well documented, but it seems to have rubbed off on Treyarch, if we are to believe this part of the 'insider's' intel - that CoD 7 will support dedicated servers. We want to believe this is true.

Zombies will return:

This one seems to be a dead cert, as it was here that Treyarch saw the most vocal support as far as its multiplayer offering played out. Sure, gamers played WAW online for a bit as a stop-gap (and then went back to original Modern Warfare) but it was Zombie mode that had us hooked and laying awake at night planning strategies to reach level 17 on Veruckt.

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction COD7_zombies--article_image

Above: Nazi zombies - a stroke of co-op genius

It would be highly unusual if Treyarch didn’t capitalise on this and expand zombie mode into a serious section of the game. Like Modern Warfare 2 had three distinct 'sections': Campiagn, Spec Ops and Multiplayer. We think CoD 7 will take a similar route with Campaign, Zombies and Multiplayer.

It'll be out on 10 November:

Looking back at the history of Call of Duty release dates Activision seems to favour an early November launch window, and both CoD 3 and CoD MW2 hit stores on 10 November. The only consideration that could affect this in 2010, is EA's relaunch of Medal of Honor, which is scheduled for Fall 2010. Aside from this November 10 has been supported by retail leaks in the UK.

SOURCE

The post in quotations below is old and not included of this update info...

Exclusive details on Call of Duty 7

More information has been given to us about the next Call of Duty game, Call of Duty 7 Black Ops - developped by Treyarch

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction Treyarch

In recent headlines, announced by several major news sources, it was already stated that development studio Treyarch was already working on Call of Duty 7. Our sources over at Activision have shared with us some more exclusive information about the next game in the Call of Duty franchise. With a scheduled release date of November 2010 the game is still in full development but undisclosed sources over at Activision have informed us that "Call of Duty 7 will be set in recent history, between WWII and present day". Besides this information the sources have also confirmed that some missions will take us to Cuba and South America, hinting again in the direction of a Cold War / Vietnam based game.

Also revealed was that in certain missions the players are able to play as a member of SAS (the Special Air Service), the principle special forces unit of the British Army. One of these SAS missions pitches you in close combat during a mission in the Iranian embassy in London during the 1980's.

It has also been confirmed that Call of Duty 7: Black Ops will feature the popular zombie mode, in which players get to shoot down hordes of zombies, a feature that could not be seen in the Infinity Ward produced Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

And last but not least, dedicated servers will also be part of the new Call of Duty game, much to the delight of PC gamers across the world. After Activision fired Vince Zampella and Jason West from Infinity Ward, it seems like they are taking yet another step back from the direction they had taken with Modern Warfare 2 by re-adding dedicated servers.

Stay tuned for more information about this new game.

SOURCE

Now, for my input. I'm honestly wary and speculative about these so-called details. In a way, I really don't believe it but I decided it should warrant some discussion due to the mention of the Iranian embassy in London which in 1980 was raided by the SAS to rescue hostages from terrorists in a mission codenamed Operation Nimrod.

Hmmmm... what do you guys think?

Last edited by KAIZER SOSA on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 22214

http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/vbherald.php

Back to top Go down

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction Empty Re: UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction

Post by stars007 Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:44 pm

It could be true,so far it sounds good but if their doing dedicated servers there defiantly one upping iw with that one and the zombies for that fact
stars007
stars007
Corporal
Corporal

Cute v.12

Kills : 21559

Back to top Go down

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction Empty Re: UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction

Post by KAIZER SOSA Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:52 pm

I still prefer a strictly Vietnam themed Call of Duty, it provides potential ground in which could be a great spiritual development successor to the gore filled, emotional driven story and style to what was done so well in World at War. To further this new mature stride that Treyarch took Call of Duty in WaW is needed for the franchise I believe.

As far as the Iranian Embassy mission, maybe COD7 can still be related to Vietnam yet this particular mission can be COD7's very own Epilogue mission (a'la COD4's Mile High Club) thats non-related to the campaign but a timed based "save the hostage" challenge...

I still believe these details to be far fetched but it could be cool if there were ever any legitimacy to it in the long run.
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by mattrob91 Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:07 am

I cannot wait for this game to come!! WaW is my favourite game in the recent COD series. Despite the flaws, it was so much better than MW2 and an all round great game to just play for fun

mattrob91
Private
Private

Skateboard

Kills : 21009

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:32 am

Updated the top post with a new interesting Game Radar article above...
KAIZER SOSA
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosu71 Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Great thread Kaizer.

I'm buzzing about CoD 7 already so roll on November.

MW2 just has too many issues for me for it to be enjoyable.

Found an interesting post of mine back on PGz, quite funny looking back on it now...

Re: Things that worry me about MW2 mp
Postby Gosu71 ยป 30 Oct 2009 07:30 pm

Nothing worries me about MW2 MP.

Why?

It says Infinity Ward on the box
Gosu71
Gosu71
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

UK Flag

Kills : 22059

http://www.prestigegamerz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleEye Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm very interested in this title. I've been waiting for a Call of Duty game to be set in the Vietnam War, and I think it could work, and I believe it would if it were to happen.

EagleEye
Private
Private

Kills : 20576

Back to top Go down

Post by kingchris20 Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:17 pm

After reading the NOVA post with the coordinates to certain locales, I was thinking about something. I realize these locations are probably pertaining mainly to the story mode, but how awesome would it be to play DP zombies in a White House level. Facing the undead Dead Presidents on their home turf! LoL

Would be crazy though, huh!
kingchris20
kingchris20
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22571

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 pm

kingchris20 wrote:After reading the NOVA post with the coordinates to certain locales, I was thinking about something. I realize these locations are probably pertaining mainly to the story mode, but how awesome would it be to play DP zombies in a White House level. Facing the undead Dead Presidents on their home turf! LoL

Would be crazy though, huh!

Would be pretty BA.

UPDATED: Game Radar's COD7 Fact or Fiction 4thpresidents
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 24307

Back to top Go down

Post by kingchris20 Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am

Haha that pic is great, they even got a zombie monkey in there! LoL
kingchris20
kingchris20
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22571

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down