WePlayCoD
You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WePlayCoD
You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
WePlayCoD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke

+34
R33Luke
b2dluck
EAT ACOG
BLZN999
SergeantHatredx
Horrorman
o Taffy Apple x
II IcHiBaN II
polo818
N8-N
shortyp11
immerume2
CovertGunman
KingLiz4rd
Coast556
Toxiiik
Monster Warfare
tankredsox
Gosu71
dour85
RK1 Apocalypse
Kuna
Kyled55
Big J 0526
MINUS Stl
xxrpggamemanxx
firevice
lawtondannyboy
R0K L0bStEr
Keith3618
design75
bowski477
MaTtKs
38 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke Empty You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke

Post by MaTtKs Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I thought it would be nice to compile a small "how-to" on how I go about ending the game with a Tactical Nuke. Here goes...

First we'll take a look at your custom class. You may think that ammunition would play a big role in racking up a 25 killstreak, but not so much when you factor in your killstreak rewards. You really only need to make it to 7 kills and the hard part is done. Here's one of my favorite classes when going for the Nuke...

TAR21 w/ Silencer
AA12
-Claymore
-Smoke
--Scavenger Pro
--Stopping Power, Hardline, or Coldblooded
--Ninja Pro

Let's take a look at these choices...

The TAR21 is arguably one of the best AR's, with great iron sights and a decent effective range that keeps you steady and out of harm's way. I always recommend a silencer to keep you off of the mini-map. This is especially important for you flankers out there.

The Claymore comes into play when you're calling in your 2nd killstreak reward, but we'll get to that in a second.

Scavenger is by far my favorite perk. Replenishing ammunition, equipment, and special grenades, you'll never have to worry about running low on anything with this equipped. If you find yourself low on anything, simply find a fallen teammate/enemy and run over their body. If you've leveled Scavenger up to Pro, you'll also start with extra mags for your weapon.

If you insist on flanking, I suggest swapping out Stopping Power for Coldblooded in the event that an enemy UAV is called. Hardline is also a viable option for those of you that foresee some trouble with getting to the initial 7 killstreak. The TAR21 has decent power and can certainly hold it's own sans Stopping Power.

In the day and age of high quality surround sound headsets and home theaters, Ninja Pro is another favorite of mine. Once leveled up, Ninja becomes "Dead Silence" by decreasing the sound of your footsteps, ultimately allowing you to travel behind enemy lines with the hopes of successfully racking up a decent killstreak. Keep in mind that we're going for the nuke here though, so don't get too ballsy in your attempts at shooting the baddies in their booties (yea, I said it). Once the enemy realizes that you're in their spawn, you can bet the farm that they'll be hunting you down.

Alright, onto the killstreak reward setup. There are several structures that you can take with this, but mine and many others favorite is the following setup...

7 kills - Harrier Strike: After reaching 7 kills, you'll be able to call in a Harrier Strike on a location of your choice. First you'll notice 2 bombers that drop a cluster of bombs on your designated position. These bombs are spread in a wide area, so make sure you're out of harm's way. After the initial bombing, a vertical take-off Harrier will be called onto the map, mowing down any enemy that dares to move in it's path. Be smart about the location and try to make sure your Harrier is in a somewhat open area, free of obstacles (buildings etc). Once you're here, try to sit back and let your Harrier do work.

11 kills - Chopper Gunner: The Goliath of the skies in my opinion, the Chopper Gunner is a force to be reckoned with. Keep in mind that you can and will be killed while in the gunner seat, so make sure that you are in a low-traffic area, preferably hidden to all players. I also suggest that you now place your Claymore near your character to prevent any unforeseen misfortunes. If enemy UAV is up, you can either wait or request a teammate to cover you while you're airborne. Once airborne, enemies will be outline by a red square and a white crosshair will assist in aiming. Remember that these are explosive rounds, so shoot around corners and in buildings because you can and will get a kill by merely being close to an enemy. If you're on an open map (Highrise, Scrapyard, etc), you should now be hovering close to that 25 kill streak. Try to take down enemies as quick as possible to prevent a surface-to-air missile curtailing your ride in the sky. If you're shot down, don't panic. Let your teammates know that you're close to a Nuke and ask for assistance in pinpointing enemy locations. Take your time and DO NOT run and gun. Take the high road and try to make it up a ladder to a 2nd story vantage point...and remember to check your back. Nothing is more frustrating than being killed on a 24 kill streak.

25 kills - Tactical Nuke: You did it! Congratulations on calling in your first Tactical Nuke. With 2 nukes you will unlock a title aptly named "Global Thermonuclear War". Once you've become a nuke pro, you'll unlock the nuclear emblem when you've called in 10 Tactical Nukes.

You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke GlobalThermonuclearWar

You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke Nuke10

Suggested Maps- Afghan, Derail, Highrise, Scrapyard

Suggested Modes- Demolition, Domination, TDM

I hope you find this little guide to be helpful in your quest for the Tactical Nuke. Make sure you return and let us know if your attempts are successful, and remember, pics or it didn't happen!

Happy Nuking!

Last edited by MaTtKs on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 24295

Back to top Go down

You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke Empty Re: You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke

Post by bowski477 Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Great set up. I shall have to give it a try once I unlock the chopper gunner and nuke. Thanks!
bowski477
bowski477
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Tiger

Kills : 22363

http://aesthetically-pleezin.com/

Back to top Go down

You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke Empty You Can Haz Nuke Guide

Post by design75 Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Great guide. The TAR-21 is my favorite AR. I love to be invisible to the enemies so I pretty much have the right setup... just need to work in scavenger more.
design75
design75
Private
Private

Impaler

Kills : 21083

Back to top Go down

You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke Empty Re: You Can Haz Nuke: A Guide On How To Activate The Tactical Nuke

Post by MaTtKs Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:15 pm

design75 wrote:Great guide. The TAR-21 is my favorite AR. I love to be invisible to the enemies so I pretty much have the right setup... just need to work in scavenger more.
Thanks and welcome to the site! The TAR is a great all-around weapon. And yes, Scavenger will definitely help you get to the Nuke.

Good luck.

@bowski: Unlock those ASAP! Then you can be the inaugural ShePlayCoD Nuke member!

Wink
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith3618 Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:40 pm

The Downfall of the Nuke is it makes you into a paranoid moster while using it.
Keith3618
Keith3618
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Kills : 21947

Back to top Go down

Post by R0K L0bStEr Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:45 pm

That is pretty much my exact setup for nuking. Here's a video. Check my channel for other Nukes and gameplay
R0K L0bStEr
R0K L0bStEr
Private
Private

Impaler

Kills : 21441

http://www.m-g-club.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lawtondannyboy Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks for the tip over twitter last night, I got my first one last night!
lawtondannyboy
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Kills : 23132

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Post by firevice Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:58 pm

You forgot to mention at 5 nukes you get a title that says "End of Line"
firevice
firevice

MW2

Kills : 22434

http://www.dmclanforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xxrpggamemanxx Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:17 pm

Don't you also get the spinning star symbol at 5 nukes? I know I got end of line and that symbol at the same time. I've dropped 10 nukes last prestige and this prestige. Sadly I've got nothing new from nukes past the 10 for the challenge.

xxrpggamemanxx
Private
Private

Kills : 21366

Back to top Go down

Post by MINUS Stl Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:05 pm

Setup was pretty much spot on to mine. 3rd match after unlocking the Nuke, I witnessed and used my first Nuke. Very Happy Setup was:

Tar-21 w/sliencer
PP-2000 w/silencer
Tactical Insertion (might change that to Throwing Knives)
Smoke Grenade
Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded (have now unlocked Pro)
Ninja Pro

I prefer Cold-Blooded/Pro over Stopping Power/Pro or Hardline/Pro. You don't want an enemy calling in an aerial Killstreak and taking you out while your own your way to your nuke. It's only one more kill for each reward vs dying short of it. Wink
MINUS Stl
MINUS Stl
Admin
Admin

Hello

Kills : 22576

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by firevice Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:13 pm

xxrpggamemanxx wrote:Don't you also get the spinning star symbol at 5 nukes? I know I got end of line and that symbol at the same time. I've dropped 10 nukes last prestige and this prestige. Sadly I've got nothing new from nukes past the 10 for the challenge.
No you get that for calling in a nuke when your team is losing.
firevice
firevice

MW2

Kills : 22434

http://www.dmclanforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big J 0526 Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:24 am

Just got a 20 KS with my AK on Karachi. Was on 19, got ambushed, went into final stand, killed the ambusher, was probably a couple of seconds away from getting up and then some dude one shots me with a silenced pistol to the knee!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!

That setup works fo sho mattks. My friend has called in 11 nukes doing that kind of stuff
Big J 0526
Big J 0526
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Kills : 21613

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:44 am

Big J 0526 wrote:Just got a 20 KS with my AK on Karachi. Was on 19, got ambushed, went into final stand, killed the ambusher, was probably a couple of seconds away from getting up and then some dude one shots me with a silenced pistol to the knee!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!

That setup works fo sho mattks. My friend has called in 11 nukes doing that kind of stuff
Nice Smile You'll get it eventually.

When I'm trying for the nuke I go into a game just focusing on each kill at first, then after I call in a harrier I know that I will more than likely be getting a chopper gunner soon as long as I just take it easy. If you make it that far then you are well are your way to Hiroshima. I actually got my first Nuke in a FFA on Karachi Smile. Started out 7-0, harrier only got around 6 and chopper got me up to 22 kills. Then I just played ninja for the next 3 kills.
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Dragon Kick

Kills : 22096

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyled55 Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:57 am

bowski477 wrote:Great set up. I shall have to give it a try once I unlock the chopper gunner and nuke. Thanks!

i got 4 back to back games where i got to 24 or 23 kills in a row.

I use:

Tar-21 w/silencer
Model 1887 AKIMBO akimbo
Scavenger Pro
Cold Blooded
Ninja Pro

Last edited by Kyled55 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kyled55
Kyled55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 22490

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuna Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:12 pm

haha! "Happy Nuking!" Thanks for the tips, I can barely get the chopper gunner without dying, but I'll try that class out.
Kuna
Kuna
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Sniper

Kills : 21577

http://agamerwithapen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xxrpggamemanxx Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:18 pm

I myself have got it with an M9 <.< M9 FMJ's <3 and scavenger of course cause you burn through pistol ammo. As for tar-21. I somewhat preferred the M4A1 for my silenced weapon. That or the ACR as their quite similar and both have great iron sights in my opinion.

xxrpggamemanxx
Private
Private

Kills : 21366

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 pm

xxrpggamemanxx wrote:I myself have got it with an M9 <.< M9 FMJ's <3 and scavenger of course cause you burn through pistol ammo. As for tar-21. I somewhat preferred the M4A1 for my silenced weapon. That or the ACR as their quite similar and both have great iron sights in my opinion.
The primary weapon is ultimately up to the user.

I just tend to go with the TAR due to it being so well-rounded...imo of course. Wink
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by RK1 Apocalypse Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:16 pm

Guide worked very good. But....my class setup was a lil different

FAL w/Red dot
Thumper
Grenade

Scavanger
Stopping Power
Ninja

But the Killstreaks were the same

Harrier - Chopper Gunner - Nuke

BTW....thanks to this guide i got my 1st nuke. WOOT
RK1 Apocalypse
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22354

http://www.rk1gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dour85 Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:05 pm

ACR- w/ red dot

dour85
Private
Private

Kills : 21079

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyled55 Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:57 pm

i almost got my first nuke today!! I got to like 23 then died cuz i had no bullets, my harrier got shot down and everyone was camping when i was using my chopper gunner!! GRR SOO MAD! lol o well

I did get a 29 killstreak but...I DIDNT HAVE NUKE UNLOCKED YET!! OMG i was sooo mad. i went crazy in my chopper and had a bunch of harrier kills too.

I must be bad then cuz everyones got a nuke before and i havent
Kyled55
Kyled55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 22490

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosu71 Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:29 am

Nice guide Wink
Gosu71
Gosu71
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

UK Flag

Kills : 22047

http://www.prestigegamerz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tankredsox Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Use these ideas all the time with a scar and holo.. ive gotten 8 nukes between 2 prestiges... 4 within the last 2 days =] i also used barrrett 50 cal with thermal for the nukes....high rise, skidrow, terminal, karatchi, and the one with the giant open field and the tunnel in the middle i forget the name lol those r the makes ive gotten em on
tankredsox
tankredsox
Sergeant
Sergeant

Kills : 21549

Back to top Go down

Post by bowski477 Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:48 pm

I am getting closer. Got a 25 kill streak today but i need to level up 3 more times to unlock another killstreak reward (nuke). I'm hoping to get one under my belt by the weekend.
bowski477
bowski477
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Tiger

Kills : 22363

http://aesthetically-pleezin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Warfare Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks, will try this out.
Monster Warfare
Monster Warfare
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Kills : 21817

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuna Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:35 pm

RK1 Apocalypse wrote:Guide worked very good. But....my class setup was a lil different

FAL w/Red dot
Thumper
Grenade

Scavanger
Stopping Power
Ninja

But the Killstreaks were the same

Harrier - Chopper Gunner - Nuke

BTW....thanks to this guide i got my 1st nuke. WOOT

Just like you, my set up was different, but I used the same killstreak rewards:
SCAR-H w/Holographic Sight
Stinger
Throwing Knife
Stun Grenades

Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

I felt extremely stupid because I thought if your team is losing and you call in the nuke, not only will it end the game, but your team will lose anyway because of the score. However, my friend told me that he thought it would give us the win regardless. In response, I said "well, let's see if we can catch up just in case."

We were playing Domination in Ground War on Rundown. The opposing team kept rushing Alpha and we were getting spawn killed. I was able to make it into the house overlooking both Alpha and Bravo. I defended Alpha, while also shooting guys coming from the bridges. I got my killstreak rewards and of course hid to use the chopper gunner. 14 kills later, I got the nuke, but we were losing by 40 points or so.

And like I said before, I thought we had to be in the lead to win even if I call in a nuke, so I waited, hoping we can catch up and gain the lead. In turn, I decided to run and gun to try to capture Bravo. Well, I somehow got my killstreak rewards again. I was able to kill the entire enemy team as a chopper gunner and my team managed to capture all three points. After I couldn't be the chopper gunner anymore, I noticed we were only 10 points behind. They reached 195 and I decided to use the nuke (still thinking we were going to lose anyway) and to my surprise it said Victory!! jump Not only did the nuke give us a win, but it gave me my best overall record of acquiring a ton of kills. I went 85 and 3. boogie Just to clarify, I'm not bragging, just sharing my excitement because getting that k/d ratio will never happen again. lol During the same night, I was able to call in another two nukes in two different matches. I was utterly ecstatic.

Anyway the credit though goes to this guide and to my buds who displayed awesome teamwork.
Kuna
Kuna
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Sniper

Kills : 21577

http://agamerwithapen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next