WePlayCoD
your thoughts on the xbox live avatar Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WePlayCoD
your thoughts on the xbox live avatar Wpclogin

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
WePlayCoD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

your thoughts on the xbox live avatar

+6
lawtondannyboy
MINUS Stl
immerume2
DitkaKenobi
SergeantHatredx
10 posters

Go down

your thoughts on the xbox live avatar Empty your thoughts on the xbox live avatar

Post by SergeantHatredx Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:16 am

now i cant say i would never buy stuff for my avi because i bought 3 items, but i can say i never will. the avatar system is a total waste of money, its not like playstation home where you can roam with your avatar in a virtual world and chat other people, which in my opinion is very addicting.

anywho please give me your opinion if the avatar system on xbox live is worth it or not.

PLEASE STATE YOUR OPINION ON THE XBOX LIVE AVATAR SYSTEM ONLY(PLEASE). THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT A CONSULE WAR OR PLAYSTATION HOME(WHAT I SAID WAS AN EXAMPLE). PLEASE KEEP ALL THIS IN MIND WHEN YOU WRITE A REPLY. THANK YOU.

Last edited by SergeantHatredx on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
SergeantHatredx
SergeantHatredx
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Sniper

Kills : 21553

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on the xbox live avatar Empty Re: your thoughts on the xbox live avatar

Post by 1 Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:31 pm

I wouldn't go as far to say the entire Xbox 360 is useless because of a 'old disk tray' and simple avatar system. I've never had a problem with any of my older disk trays, then again I don't pick up my 360 while I have a disk in it and scratch it up.

As for the avatar, sure it would be a nice addition to have something like ps3 users have, especially since 360 owners already have to pay for new items/clothes. I personally don't care for any of that though.
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Dragon Kick

Kills : 22168

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on the xbox live avatar Empty Re: your thoughts on the xbox live avatar

Post by DitkaKenobi Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:37 pm

SW1FT_K1D wrote:XBOX 360 is a very out dated system with A OLD DISK TRAY and no class or style, its a pointless waste of time and money, and if u were smart u'll throw that XCRAP OUT and pick up a brand new SONY PLAYSTATION 3 and use ur avatar for other then just staring at it and it back at u.........JUST MY OPINION.........PS3 ACC. SW1FT_K1D

Very outdated? It's one year older than the PS3 and still keeps up with it just fine.

An Old Disk Tray?? ROFL. That's the first time I've heard that one.

XCRAP?? Clever. Did you pick that up from a 3rd grader?

As far as Avatars go on the 360, I WOULD like to see them add some more functionality. They are fun to play around with when I play 1 vs 100 on Xbox LIVE while talking to other friends with my cross game Party Chat.
DitkaKenobi
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22706

Back to top Go down

Post by immerume2 Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:49 pm

I was thinking about getting one of those XCRAPS just to play around with my avatar... Think I might not get one now that I know they are out dated with disc tray and all.

Seriously though I am all about PS3 console but the support PS3 gets blows, outside of that hunk of crap they gave us called home. For those on the 360 that want something like that just go play 2nd life for free. Silly stuff if you ask me. You can't do anything with the Home character other than be in home with it. If you don't like 2nd life you won't like home much either.

I actually have been thinking that if I don't get a 360 for Xmas I will be going out and picking one up after the holidays. That way I can MW2 it on 2 consoles lol.
immerume2
immerume2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 21847

Back to top Go down

Post by MINUS Stl Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:08 pm

DitkaKenobi wrote:
SW1FT_K1D wrote:XBOX 360 is a very out dated system with A OLD DISK TRAY and no class or style, its a pointless waste of time and money, and if u were smart u'll throw that XCRAP OUT and pick up a brand new SONY PLAYSTATION 3 and use ur avatar for other then just staring at it and it back at u.........JUST MY OPINION.........PS3 ACC. SW1FT_K1D

As far as Avatars go on the 360, I WOULD like to see them add some more functionality. They are fun to play around with when I play 1 vs 100 on Xbox LIVE while talking to other friends with my cross game Party Chat.

I see what you did there. Wink
MINUS Stl
MINUS Stl
Admin
Admin

Hello

Kills : 22648

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lawtondannyboy Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:56 pm

I like the avatars, at least we have them. I like buying stuff for my avatar. Makes him look cool.
lawtondannyboy
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Kills : 23204

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RK1 Apocalypse Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:17 pm

And a very uneducated opinion at that. If the PS3 is so great....why do almost every game that comes out for both systems always look better on Xbox 360? Only 1 developer has made a game worth anything on the PS3. And thats Naughty Dog with Uncharted 2. On paper, the PS3 is better than the Xbox. But in the real world, the Xbox prevails as the better system of the 2. And before you go off on some rant saying i dont know crap, i own both systems. So im pretty sure i know what om talking about.
RK1 Apocalypse
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22426

http://www.rk1gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kingchris20 Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:11 am

RK1 Apocalypse wrote:

And a very uneducated opinion at that. If the PS3 is so great....why do almost every game that comes out for both systems always look better on Xbox 360? Only 1 developer has made a game worth anything on the PS3. And thats Naughty Dog with Uncharted 2. On paper, the PS3 is better than the Xbox. But in the real world, the Xbox prevails as the better system of the 2. And before you go off on some rant saying i dont know crap, i own both systems. So im pretty sure i know what om talking about.

I love my PS3, and I do have both systems, I play PS3 more, but sadly I have to agree with you RK1, PS3 just doesnt realize its full potential.......yet. I havent picked Uncharted 2 up yet simply because it is 3rd person (I hate 3rd person)

But yeah I have bought some of that MW2 stuff for my Xbox avatar, hat, shirt, and the UAV thingamajig.

Here's my Xbox avatar

your thoughts on the xbox live avatar Avatar10

Last edited by kingchris20 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
kingchris20
kingchris20
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22631

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:35 am

Keep the console-war inciting comments to yourselves please. This isn't about PS3 vs. 360, it's about the 360 avatars.

With that said, I like them. You can expect more functionality (i.e. in-game use) next year from what I understand. And while we're talking about them...here's my avatar.

your thoughts on the xbox live avatar Avatar-body
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 24367

Back to top Go down

Post by lawtondannyboy Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:44 am

Here's my avatar.

Infinity Ward FTW!
lawtondannyboy
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Kills : 23204

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MINUS Stl Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Matt, I'll take an order of Schezuan Beef with some Crab Rangoon, please. Very Happy

Yep, I bought the Ghost outfit. Cool
MINUS Stl
MINUS Stl
Admin
Admin

Hello

Back to top Go down

Post by SergeantHatredx Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:03 pm

1 wrote:I wouldn't go as far to say the entire Xbox 360 is useless because of a 'old disk tray' and simple avatar system. I've never had a problem with any of my older disk trays, then again I don't pick up my 360 while I have a disk in it and scratch it up.

now im not saying the entire 360 is useless just the avatar system, and the fact that the only thing you get to do with it is look at it, so yeah buying clothes for your avatar is a waste of my money and anyone elses

P.S. - im a huge fan of xbox live, dont need an avatar system to make it "better"
SergeantHatredx
SergeantHatredx
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by SergeantHatredx Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:40 pm

MINUS Stl wrote:Yep, I bought the Ghost outfit.

i don't care if you bought it just wanted input on your opinion, and if you really think its worth buying an outfit, you can't do anything with.
SergeantHatredx
SergeantHatredx
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm

SergeantHatredx wrote:

i don't care if you bought it just wanted input on your opinion, and if you really think its worth buying an outfit, you can't do anything with.
Well, you wear it. No different than buying an outfit irl, aside from the fact that it will keep you from getting an indecent exposure ticket as well as keeping you cool/warm.

Wink

@Minus: That rangoon will be right up....unless I get ang lee. You won't like me when I'm ang lee.
MaTtKs
MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 24367

Back to top Go down

Post by MINUS Stl Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:57 pm

MaTtKs wrote:
SergeantHatredx wrote:

Well, you wear it. No different than buying an outfit irl, aside from the fact that it will keep you from getting an indecent exposure ticket as well as keeping you cool/warm.

Wink

@Minus: That rangoon will be right up....unless I get ang lee. You won't like me when I'm ang lee.

@Sergeant: Well, I never asked if you cared if I bought it either. To me, it's less than 30 minutes of "real-life" work, and I'm also supporting MS and IW. I guess I could have saved that $5 and bought "real-life" clothes. $5 could probably get me a pack of socks at Wal-Mart...or are you against me supporting them as well?

@MaTt: Can I get a Diet Pessi with that? Very Happy
MINUS Stl
MINUS Stl
Admin
Admin

Hello

Back to top Go down

Post by bowski477 Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:01 pm

I wrote a blog about this issue in October. I myself like to buy my avatar something every now and then but like most people I think there should be more done with them. We shall see what the future holds.

The cost of good looks
bowski477
bowski477
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Tiger

Kills : 22435

http://aesthetically-pleezin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MINUS Stl Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Good write-up, Bowski. Definitely agree....... I guess the "key phrase" we can put behind the Avatar Marketplace would be "To Each His/Her Own".
MINUS Stl
MINUS Stl
Admin
Admin

Hello

Back to top Go down

Post by bowski477 Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:09 pm

MINUS Stl wrote:Good write-up, Bowski. Definitely agree....... I guess the "key phrase" we can put behind the Avatar Marketplace would be "To Each His/Her Own".

I stand behind that phrase on A LOT of things. Avatars, consoles, games, life in general.
bowski477
bowski477
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Tiger

Kills : 22435

http://aesthetically-pleezin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DitkaKenobi Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:46 am

Well, I just found a great use for my Xbox 360 avatar. A dynamic avatar for this forum!
DitkaKenobi
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 22706

Back to top Go down

Post by SergeantHatredx Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:01 am

its just that all the close are so over priced, now im comparing the prices to playstation homes clothes.

IM NOT SAYING I LOVE PS3 MORE(BECAUSE THEY BOTH RULE), ITS JUST ME TRYING TO PROVE WHY IS XBOXS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN PS HOME.
----
PS HOME clothing prices: depending on the type of clothes
*shirts-.49 and .99
*pants- .49
*shoes- .49
*hats- .49
*accessories- depends but normally .49 or .99
*costume- 1.99(some costumes have each item sold seperately)(example helghast costume; total cost- $5)

MORE EXPENSIVE ITEMS
**NFL football jerseys cost 2.99**
**Brees breast cancer awareness jerseys cost 1.99**
**specialty items can cost more than normal prices. example is the Dizzie Rascal clothes**
**apartments**
**furniture**
-----------
NOW IM NOT ATTACKING ANYONE WHO PAID FOR THEIR AVATAR ITEMS. IM JUST SAYING IF ONLY IT WAS SIMILAR TO PS HOME. THESE PURCHASES WOULD FEEL MORE WORTH IT.

Last edited by SergeantHatredx on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a word)
SergeantHatredx
SergeantHatredx
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down